Fix that fundraising landing page!
The landing page is often where online fundraising goes to die. You need to pay a lot of attention to getting that page right, and you might be surprised what “right” is.
Here’s a start, from the KISSmetrics blog: 50 Ways To Seduce Your Web Visitors With Persuasive Landing Pages.
Here are some of those 50, the ones most suited to fundraising:
- Observe the rule of one. Do just one big thing on the page.
- Don’t be clever. Clever headlines often fail.
- Be urgent. Encourage people to act now by providing a deadline.
- Use the word you.
- Reduce your text.
- Use symbols of trust.
- Remove sidebars. When Conversion Rate Experts removed their right sidebar sign-ups increased by 25.9%.
- Remove top navigation. Removing your top navigation bar can increase sign-ups by 100%.
- Reduce barriers. Research suggests that fewer form fields increase signups.
- Stand out. Make your call to action button bigger, use a contrasting color, and increase your font size.
- Have your form above the fold.
Go check it out. They’re all good.